Disclosure Statement – (Privacy Statement)
Web Value GmbH together with its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Valutico”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the MyValutico valuation & matchmaking platform (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
The service allows users to obtain an indicative and not legally binding valuation for any company, by filling out a questionnaire. If the user desires, they can opt-in to be contacted by third party, independent M&A and valuation experts to receive professional support with their valuation. If they choose to do so, their contact information will be shared with said independent experts, along with the inputs to the questionnaire used to generate the indicative valuation report. These independent valuation experts are not employed by or providing their services in the name of Valutico, and are separate legal entities (third parties).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
1. Types of Data Collected
a. Personal Data
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal information may include, but is not limited to:
Types of personal information. Why we collect it
Contact details including name, telephone numbers, email address and postal address. To respond to correspondence and enquiries you send us. In some cases, to gather information needed to provide products and services requested by you or your employer. To obtain your feedback regarding our products and services. If you opt-in to be contacted by an independent valuation expert via the service, your contact details will be shared with them. They may use it to contact you in order to advertise their services to you. For this purpose, they may also store it in the IT systems involved in the communication process, such as CRM or email systems.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by contacting us.
b. Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
c. Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies such as beacons, tags and scripts are also used to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
2. Use of Data
Valutico uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To initiate contact between you and one or more valuation experts (third parties), should you choose to request support with your valuation
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
3. GDPR Compliance
Valutico may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
4. Retention of Data
Valutico will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
5. Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
6. Disclosure of Data
a. Business Transaction
b. Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Valutico may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
c. Legal Requirements
Valutico may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Valutico
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability